We create and run a variety of thoughtfully developed programs designed to meet the needs and interests of the youth in our community. Our librarians are kids at heart and remember what it is like to be a child! We channel this feeling into a space that is welcoming, stimulating, educational, and fun.
Please see our events calendar for upcoming Fall programming for kids! Keep reading for updates and photos from past programs.
Have an idea for Kid’s Programming you’d like to see at Skidompha? Email us your questions, comments, and ideas – or find a staffer at the Library next time you visit.
Some fun facts about our Kid’s programming at Skidompha:
- Over 1,500 kids have attended programs in 2019 alone!
- Over 100 kids signed up for our Summer Learning Program, and participated in educational activities over their summer vacation. (Even more attended our free family programming, like Mr. Drew and His Animals Too and Paper Rocket Making with Maine State STEM Librarian, Chris Dorman.)
- Our twice weekly story times are fun for ages 0 to 5 and take place on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
- We have a weekly TV show (called “Skidompha Story Time”) on LCTV that reaches children and families unable to come in to the library. It airs every day at 7:30 a.m. Don’t have a TV? Check it out online at www.LCTV.org (or see one of our recent episode here!)
- Jessie, our Children’s Librarian, loves to recommend age and reading-level appropriate books and media for you or your child.