Skidompha Library Kid’s Programming has moved ONLINE to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Here are some ways that you (or your children) can connect with Skidompha Library while our hours and services are limited:
- Jessie, Skidompha’s Children Librarian, will continue to share resources for staying home, learning, and spending time together. You can find her latest recommendations here and on the Skidompha Youth Services Facebook Group.
- Join Jessie on FACEBOOK LIVE Story Time! She’s hosting a live story time every Monday from 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. (On Facebook Live, you do not need to have your own video feed; you and your child can interact with Jessie through the comments on the video and she will include you in the welcome song!)
Thanks for a great 2020 Summer Reading Challenge!
Our Summer Reading Challenge is now over. We’re already excited about next summer! Keep checking back for more information – the theme is Tails and Tales!
Please check back for more fun reading challenges throughout the year on Beanstack.
Ongoing Kids Programming
We create and run a variety of thoughtfully developed programs designed to meet the needs and interests of the youth in our community. Our librarians are kids at heart and remember what it is like to be a child! We channel this feeling into a space that is welcoming, stimulating, educational, and fun.
Please see our events calendar for upcoming online programming for kids! Keep reading for updates and photos from past programs.
Have an idea for Kid’s Programming you’d like to see at Skidompha? Email us your questions, comments, and ideas – or find a staffer at the Library next time you visit.
Some fun facts about our Kid’s programming at Skidompha:
- Over 1,500 kids have attended programs in 2019 alone!
- Over 100 kids signed up for our Summer Learning Program, and participated in educational activities over their summer vacation. (Even more attended our free family programming, like Mr. Drew and His Animals Too and Paper Rocket Making with Maine State STEM Librarian, Chris Dorman.)
- We have a weekly TV show (called “Skidompha Story Time”) on LCTV that reaches children and families unable to come in to the library. It airs every day at 7:30 a.m. Don’t have a TV? Check it out online at www.LCTV.org (or see one of our recent episode here!)
- Jessie, our Children’s Librarian, loves to recommend age and reading-level appropriate books and media for you or your child.