Skidompha is hiring a Development Director!
Skidompha Library is looking for a Development Director to strengthen our fundraising efforts and advance the economic growth of Skidompha. The ideal candidate will have successful development experience, be a positive, constructive, kind, and encouraging presence in the library, and be comfortable working with a group of curious and passionate librarians.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for someone interested in working in a public library and making a meaningful difference in the community. The Development Director will work collaboratively with the Executive Director, the Director of Communications, and the Board of Directors in all development, programming, and fundraising endeavors and will collaborate with other library staff to support all departments.
- Review current development activities, strategies, and philosophy
- Create and present to the Board and the Executive Director a Development Plan to guide Skidompha in its fundraising endeavors
- Create a Development Office Budget
- Develop a collegial and collaborative relationship with staff, volunteers, and Board members
- Develop mutual and cooperative relationships with patrons and donors
- Build a major gifts program, including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors
- Develop a planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts
- Enhance Skidompha’s relationship and value with local businesses and regain business sponsorship
- Lead Skidompha’s development strategy
- Manage the Fall and Spring Appeal programs
- Be a presence within the library, integrate into the library’s working culture, and work collegially with library staff
- Pursue appropriate grant opportunities and support staff grant efforts as requested, including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives
- Coordinate fundraising special events and regular, annual library programs
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing donors
- Manage donor database (DonorPerfect)
- Identify and apply to relevant foundations for cash donations
- Liaise with bookkeeper as necessary
- Other duties as specified
- Proven development and fundraising record
- Experience working with a donor database
- Successful grant writing experience
- Excellent and effective communication and listening skills
- A positive and empathetic presence; have concern for people and the community
- Proficiency in budgeting, accounting, and financial planning
- Library experience and a bachelor’s degree are a plus.
- Committed to a diverse work environment where everyone is welcome. Consistently demonstrates sensitivity and skilled communication around matters of equity and diversity.
Benefits of working at Skidompha
Skidompha offers a flexible, child-friendly, and progressive work environment. We enjoy a kind, collaborative, supportive, and creative culture that values the individual and their humanity. We offer continuing education support. We are earnest in our work and take our responsibility to the community, our patrons, and our volunteers very seriously, and we encourage laughter and joy in the workplace. And we have an indoor library beehive.
Skidompha Library is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, sexuality, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Skidompha is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our staff and community. We require all employees to provide proof of full vaccination to prevent Covid-19 at the time of hiring.
To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three references to email@example.com. .pdf format is preferred. Please put “DD application” in the subject line. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.