Skidompha Library is the heart of our community. We serve the towns of Damariscotta, Newcastle, and Nobleboro, along with the greater Pemaquid Peninsula. At Skidompha, we offer a traditional library setting complimented by next generation services and conveniences. A short list of these services includes Genealogy, Book Clubs, CHATS with Champions Lecture Series, STEM education for children and teens, OWL Radio, Book Babies, computer access, Wi-Fi, and free meeting spaces. Our small staff of 13 and our numerous volunteers keep Skidompha running smoothly and ensure the availability of our wide range of services. Skidompha showcases art and quilt exhibits, theatrical and musical performances, and community-wide summer reading programs. Open six days a week, Skidompha offers a warm, friendly environment teeming with activity and people from aged 8 weeks to over 100.
Skidompha is currently seeking a Director of Development.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Skidompha Library’s fundraising, including the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, business sponsorships, special events and capital campaigns. In addition, the Director of Development is responsible for seeking out and applying to relevant foundations through grant writing, and will collaborate with staff to create and promote library programs and events. The Director works closely with The Executive Director, the Director of Communications, and the Board of Directors in all development, programing, and fundraising endeavors.
- Must embrace the mission of Skidompha Library.
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising, grant writing, and business sponsorships.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Experience with budgeting and financial planning a plus.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fundraising special events, and regular, yearly library programs.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Director of Communications and Board of Directors.
- Meet or exceed yearly funding goals for Skidompha Library.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Skidompha Library with the community.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
To apply, please email Pam Gormley at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a current resume summarizing relevant experience prior to June 1, 2019.