Contact-free curbside pickup of library materials
Hours of operation:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday – 10:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
Saturday – 10:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
- Reserve items from the Skidompha collection
- We will contact you when your items are ready for pickup; please pick up items within 3 days of notification.
- A staff member will meet you outside the back entrance upon your arrival. Please wear a mask.
- We will place your items in a bag on the table outside the entrance.
- Please keep at least 6 feet of space between you and others during pickup and wait for library staff to move away before retrieving your items from the table.
Thank you for your patience with us.
Please note that only staff are allowed inside the library at this time.
Curbside Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will it take to get my items? Orders placed before NOON will be processed for same day pickup. Orders placed after noon will be processed for pickup on the next curbside business day.
- What happens after I get notified that my order is ready? Your borrowed materials are checked out to you at the time we notify you. You have three days to pick up your materials. After that, your order will be returned to the shelves or checked out to other patrons.
- How long may I keep my items? Items will be checked out for 2-weeks beginning when you’re notified they are ready for pickup. You may renew them one time unless someone else is waiting for them.
- May I request items from other libraries? Yes! Interlibrary loans are available.
- Where do I pick up my items? You may pick up items at our back entrance, which is off of Elm Street.
- Where do I return items? All returns must be made through our book drops. During our curbside hours, please only use the book drop at the front of the library.
- Why do I still see my recently returned books on my account? We are quarantining all returned items for at least 96 hours before checking them in. If the titles are still listed on your account after a week, please contact us by email or phone (207-563-5513).
- May I bring book donations to the library or the Secondhand Book Shop? Not yet. We will notify the public when we’re ready to begin accepting donations again.
- When will I be able to go into the library? We will return to our in-person browsing and borrowing as soon as it is safe and sensible for us to do so.