Contact-free curbside pickup of library materials
Hours of operation: Tues., Wed., Fri., Sat.
2PM – 6PM
beginning June 16
- Reserve items from the Skidompha collection
- We will contact you when your items are ready for pickup; please pick up items within 3 days of notification.
- Please call us when you arrive at the library and a staff member will meet you outside the back entrance. Please wear a mask.
- We will place your items in a bag on the table outside the entrance.
- Please keep at least 6 feet of space between you and others during pickup and wait for library staff to move away before retrieving your items from the table.
Thank you for your patience with us as we get this new-to-us system working.
Please note that only staff are allowed inside the library at this time.
Curbside Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will it take to get my items? Orders placed before NOON will be processed for same day pickup. Orders placed after noon will be processed for pickup on the next curbside business day.
- What happens after I get notified that my order is ready? Your borrowed materials are checked out to you at the time we notify you. You have three days to pick up your materials. After that, your order will be returned to the shelves or checked out to other patrons.
- How long may I keep my items? Items will be checked out for 2-weeks beginning when you’re notified they are ready for pickup. You may renew them one time unless someone else is waiting for them.
- May I request items from other libraries? Not at this time. Interlibrary loan service is on hold throughout the state of Maine. Stay tuned for updates.
- Where do I pick up my items? You may pick up items at our back entrance, which is off of Elm Street.
- Where do I return items? All returns must be made through our book drops. During our curbside hours, please only use the book drop at the front of the library.
- May I bring book donations to the library or the Secondhand Book Shop? Not yet. We will notify the public when we’re ready to begin accepting donations again.
- When will I be able to go into the library? We are following the recommendations of the Maine State Library, and do not have a set date of when we will be able to allow patrons back into the library.