We are excited to share the news that Skidompha will become a temporary Covid testing site starting this week. This service will be offered to the community through the fall.
PCR testing will be offered on Wednesdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., starting on Friday, July 29th. We will then send the tests away for processing, and the results will come back in 24 – 48 hours.
To get tested, patrons must meet one of these criteria:
- Symptomatic: experiencing fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, chill, fatigue, etc. in the last 14 days
- Exposed: had contact with someone who has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- High-risk: diagnosed with underlying conditions such as heart conditions or high blood pressure, or immunocompromised
- Pregnant: currently pregnant
Please note that these tests cannot be used to meet travel requirements.
The test pick-up and dropbox will be located outside at the back entrance. People who wish to pick up a kit can call the library, and a staff member will set the kit on the table for them to pick up.
You will need to register your test online and can either do your swab here, outside of the library or take it and bring it back (on the same day). Tests will be packed up and shipped out on the same day they are collected.
- You will need a computer or smart device to log in to the website or scan the provided QR code.
- You can take the test without insurance, but if you have insurance, please bring your card.
- If you have been vaccinated, please bring a copy of your vaccination card to provide vaccination dates.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 207-887-0919.
Skidompha Public Library